kOoLaTkoLd.cO.nR Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
kOoLaTkoLd.cO.nR Official Forum

The Site Where every thing is KoOOL

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdulrehmansajid
CraCk pOt
CraCk pOt
Abdulrehmansajid

I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits Empty
PostSubject: I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits   I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:27 pm

I Am Legend
Bottom Line: A fascinating take on old sci-fi tale but too CG-dependent and an unconvincing religious ending damages its credibility.
This review was written for the theatrical release of "I Am Legend."
Will Smith plays a military virologist who has inexplicably survived a man-made virus that wiped out mankind in the third or fourth film -- depending on what you count -- based on a 1954 Richard Matheson science fiction novel. But the film can never quite decide whether it's speculative fiction or a B-movie horror show.
"I Am Legend," the third or fourth film -- depending on what you count -- based on the 1954 apocalyptic science fiction novel by Richard Matheson, nails the emotional core in Matheson's story: What would it be like to be a last man on Earth?

Will Smith is, seemingly, that man: Robert Neville, a military virologist who has inexplicably survived a man-made virus that wiped out mankind. All of Manhattan is his home where he exercises, patrols and hunts with his dog Sam by day. At night, he hunkers down in his Washington Square townhouse with memories, videos and old albums that recall a vanished civilization. Vegetation and wildlife have reclaimed the eerily quiet canyons of gleaming yet useless high rises. The sight of Robert speeding in a car through such familiar streets, otherwise empty of human life yet littered with the debris of a populace that fled deadly bacterium, produces genuine shock.

Akiva Goldsman, rewriting a screenplay by Mark Protosevich for a project originally going to be made in the 1990s with Arnold Schwarzenegger starring and Ridley Scott directing, has made intelligent updates and revisions on this half-century-old story. But the writers retain the vampire element inherited from the literary source. Thus, the film can never quite decide whether it's speculative fiction or a B-movie horror show. It's not a fatal flaw, though, as "Legend" will be one of the most commercial holiday releases.

It seems the virus, developed initially to combat cancer (Emma Thompson puts in a brief cameo as the guilty inventor), not only wiped out most of the Earth's population but also caused severe mutation among survivors. They became vampire/zombies that shun the light but venture into the night to eat flesh. These humanoids made by CGI and motion-capture technology are annoyingly fake creatures that add a risible element to an otherwise overly serious epic.
As dusk comes each day, Robert boards up his abode, which is heavily fortified. Now 1,000 days into his ordeal -- the year is 2012 -- he broadcasts daily radio messages in search of fellow survivors. He also hunts and traps these "Dark Seekers" to experiment on their bodies with his immune blood to find a way to reverse the virus' effects. Then one day the creatures turn the tables: They trap him. He is wounded, and Sam gets bitten by plague-carrying dogs.

The third act either ups the ante of action and suspense or falls apart, depending on one's taste in science fiction. A young woman and child (Brazilian actress Alice Braga and Charlie Tahan) suddenly appear out of nowhere. A Judeo-Christian theme gets introduced, the creatures lay siege to the townhouse, and Robert discovers the antidote for the plague. All of which leads to an upbeat ending few are going to swallow.

Some viewers also might wonder at peculiar phenomena in this post-apocalyptic world: All utilities work perfectly, which might come as a shock to New Yorkers who experience problems with water, gas or electricity when a full work force mans those departments. While Robert's race through empty streets is visually thrilling, what's his hurry? And how did he single-handedly build a state-of-the-art lab in his basement?

Smith, sporting a newly buffed physique, delivers an extraordinary performance as a man slowly coming unglued under the strain of no human contact and a constantly alternating role of hunter and prey. The action and suspense do quicken the pulse under the assured direction of Francis Lawrence. A video director with one previous film credit -- the intriguing 2005 sci-fi'er "Constantine" -- Lawrence is in complete control of his actors, stunt people and visual effects. These, when blended with Naomi Shohan's knock-out production design, Andrew Lesnie's mobile camera and James Newton Howard's magisterial score, create a New York City that is a literally an urban jungle.

I AM LEGEND
Warner Bros.
Warner Bros. presents in association with Village Roadshow a Weed Road/Overbrook Entertainment production
Credits:
Director: Francis Lawrence
Screenwriters: Mark Protosevich, Akiva Goldsman
Based on a screenplay by: John William, Joyce H. Corrington
Based on a novel by: Richard Matheson
Producers: Akiva Goldsman, James Lassiter, David Heyman, Neil Moritz
Executive producers: Michael Tadross, Erwin Stoff
Dana Goldberg, Bruce Berman
Director of photography: Andrew Lesnie
Production designer: Naomi Shohan
Music: James Newton Howard
Co-producer: Tracy Torme
Visual effects supervisor: Janek Sirrs
Costume designer: Michael Kaplan
Editor: Wayne Wahrman
Cast:
Robert Neville: Will Smith
Anna: Alice Braga
Ethan: Charlie Tahan
Zoe: Salli Richardson
Marley: Willow Smith
Running time 100 minutes
MPAA rating: PG-13
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits   I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:29 pm

hmm!! but wheres the link?
Back to top Go down
https://koolatkold.forumotion.com
Abdulrehmansajid
CraCk pOt
CraCk pOt
Abdulrehmansajid

PostSubject: Re: I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits   I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:33 pm

link??? for what???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits   I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:34 pm

nuffin i forgot links will be available soon!!
Back to top Go down
https://koolatkold.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits   I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I AM LEGEND 2008 Cast and review with credits
Page 1 of 1